Tag Archives: 1920

Mopar

Mopar

1956 ChryslerMopar, which is short for motor parts (MOtor PARts), is a part of car manufacturer Chrysler Group LLC. The arm is responsible for service and parts for Chrysler vehicles. The name Mopar was first used at Chrysler in 1920, but it was not used as an official brand name until 1937. Antifreeze was the first Mopar-labeled product released. In Canada, the brand was called Chryco and AutoPar until the 1970s when just one name was used in across North America.