Tag Archives: 1953 Glasspar G2

1953 Glasspar G2

In 1947, Bill Tritt founded Glasspar, a company whose original intent was to build fiberglass boats, but two years later, he designed a car which had several claims to fame. The 1953 Glasspar G2 was introduced following its completion in 1951. Only 100 units were produced (though some claim as many as 200 were built), and they were sold mostly as kits. About 10 were actually factory built and completed there. Today, only 29 of these special cars are known to exist.* One of those has made a nice addition o the Smithsonian Museum’s permanent collection.