Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can you buy a car from a show ?

Can you buy a car from a show ? 5 years, 2 months ago #1

• CarsDude
  • Fresh Boarder
A friend of mine, also a classic car lover, once said to me that he would like to buy a car from one of the shows that are organised sometimes in his area. Can you really buy a car from a car show? Aren't the cars there for admiring and nothing more ?

Re: Can you buy a car from a show ? 5 years, 2 months ago #2

• Quint
  • Fresh Boarder
Maybe - even though many state that they are not for sale, everyone has their price! You might also not be able to buy a car at the show, but you can talk to the owner and exchange information.

Re: Can you buy a car from a show ? 5 years, 2 months ago #3

I also think that if you know how to negotiate you might get yourself a good deal. Or not, usually classic car owners know how to up their price.

Re: Can you buy a car from a show ? 3 years, 5 months ago #4

• Frothed92
  • Fresh Boarder
I think it all depends on if the owner has in mind they could sell it or not. Everyone does have their price, but also, some people are really emotionally attached to their cars, so buying one might not even be remotely optional.

Re: Can you buy a car from a show ? 3 years, 4 months ago #5

Of course you can, everyone has their price. It's just a matter of if you will spend enough money to make someone who loves their car part with it. But I think that many people would sell their classics, if enough money were offered.

Re: Can you buy a car from a show ? 3 years, 4 months ago #6

• Comboden
  • Fresh Boarder
ModelTLizzy wrote:
Of course you can, everyone has their price. It's just a matter of if you will spend enough money to make someone who loves their car part with it. But I think that many people would sell their classics, if enough money were offered.

I'm not so sure about that, I think that many people are super emotionally attached to their "babies" and wouldn't part with them for the world. Especially if they have put a lot of time and sweat and love into restoring them. These people do it for the passion and the love, rather than the money, don't you think?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds