Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Weather cancels show

Weather cancels show 6 years, 5 months ago #1

• Chaset
  • Junior Boarder
We were looking forward to a nice homely carshow this weekend but it seems they canceled it due to the weather. Between having storms rip through states and others bolstering in heat waves that feel like the inside of a volcano we are just out of luck. No idea when they plan to reschedule it either.

Re: Weather cancels show 6 years, 5 months ago #2

• Tree Frog
  • Junior Boarder
Unfortunately, that happens. I would rather cancel than to put all of my hard work on the line with trees downing and stuff like that. It's nice they thought of everyone and cancelled.

Re: Weather cancels show 6 years, 5 months ago #3

• GotWheels
  • Junior Boarder
I agree with Tree Frog that it was great of them to cancel the show. In harsh weather the cars might suffer some damage. Hopefully they reschedule for better weather though! I hope everybody living near the storms stays safe.

Re: Weather cancels show 6 years, 5 months ago #4

• zambini
  • Junior Boarder
Sorry to hear it was canceled. I am afraid that we have had the same thing happen here. The weather is not cooperating with us at all. That also means we have to be extra vigilant about caring for our cars.

Re: Weather cancels show 6 years, 5 months ago #5

• Chaset
  • Junior Boarder
It is sometimes hard to get the organization needs for even a medium sized show but this one was going to kick off summer in a good way. I love the idea that they want to protect the people and the auto's but I am still bummed. Our weather lately is like a mad woman, never know when it is going to snap.

Re: Weather cancels show 6 years, 5 months ago #6

• GotWheels
  • Junior Boarder
Chaset wrote:
It is sometimes hard to get the organization needs for even a medium sized show but this one was going to kick off summer in a good way. I love the idea that they want to protect the people and the auto's but I am still bummed. Our weather lately is like a mad woman, never know when it is going to snap.

I'm sorry to hear it. Weather this year has been pretty crazy. I did once go to a car show that was indoors. It was in a huge building with the roll up doors. I guess it is usually an indoor flea market. It sounds like your area could use something like that, though I do think a car show belongs outside in the sun.

Re: Weather cancels show 5 years, 3 months ago #7

It is unfortunate that since car shows are usually held outdoors that it can sometimes end up that it rains on that day. There is no way to predict the weather, and these things are usually planned way in advance.

Re: Weather cancels show 5 years, 3 months ago #8

• dmama
  • Fresh Boarder
I am sure we have all experienced his one time or another. The last time it happened to me I had to help my buddy tow his old truck back because the area had a flash flood going on.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds