Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Too much chrome?

Too much chrome? 5 years, 10 months ago #1

• Cool Daddy
  • Fresh Boarder
A friend and I were discussing the '55 Chrysler New Yorker hardtop. Many people back in the day didn't like it because it had too much chrome. Too much chrome??!! Is that even possible? My buddy said that he would have felt the same way. I know it would have been a lot of work, but I would have been proud to have had one.

Re: Too much chrome? 5 years, 2 months ago #2

• CarsDude
  • Fresh Boarder
I think it depends on one's taste. I agree with you, there is no such thing as to much chrome but it doesn't mean I know better. In fact, I have buddies who say it costs too much to replace or repair their car parts made of chrome because it's hard to find someone who knows what they are doing.
Last Edit: 5 years, 2 months ago by CarsDude.

Re: Too much chrome? 5 years, 2 months ago #3

• Quint
  • Fresh Boarder
Some people who are really into classic cars did not go for the "chrome". Some preferr sportier models, or even the classic old limousines. It's all about which style you prefer the most.

Re: Too much chrome? 5 years, 2 months ago #4

• Abrianna
  • Fresh Boarder
I don't think a car can have too much chrome on it. Chrome is what makes the car look special, in my opinion, so the more chrome the better.

Re: Too much chrome? 3 years, 5 months ago #5

• Houdini
  • Fresh Boarder
Yeah, this is strictly a matter of taste and probably a matter of how much work a person felt they wanted to put into a car. I wouldn't mind to shine it up on a regular basis. For me, that's part of what makes a classic car "classic".

Re: Too much chrome? 3 years, 5 months ago #6

• Perhave
  • Fresh Boarder
Wait. Too much chrome? I guess maybe for the maintenance aspect of it, but isn't that one of the things that makes a car a classic? Too much? I can't even imagine such a thing.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds