Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Nice Little Baby

Nice Little Baby 7 years, 1 month ago #1

• whitewater
  • Fresh Boarder
Now this is a very nice little baby. It's not mine! I wish it were. Anyone know anything about this type of car? It appears to be British, not American, and I am not up on early British makes. It looks like something some wealthy aristocrat would have driven back in the 1920's.
nice_little_baby.jpg

Re: Nice Little Baby 7 years, 1 month ago #2

• Concordia
  • Junior Boarder
Oooh it is nice. It does look British but I never think of the UK as having good enough weather for an open top . I am not sure what type it is though. Why don't you run the picture through Google Images and see what comes up?

Re: Nice Little Baby 7 years, 1 month ago #3

• Cassie12
  • Fresh Boarder
Oh my god! This is such an amazing car!! I've never seen one this nice. I mean, it really does look like it's new. I'm so jealous! It's the perfect red..

Re: Nice Little Baby 7 years, 1 month ago #4

• whitewater
  • Fresh Boarder
Now I love old trucks the best. And I just found this picture of a 29 Ford closed cab pickup truck. I'm in love!!!

Does anyone else have pictures of early pickup trust, and other types of trucks? I always find it interesting to see how man takes one idea, the "car" and uses it for so much more!
29_Ford_closed_cab_pickup.jpg

Re: Nice Little Baby 7 years, 1 month ago #5

What is the rack type thing in the front of the vehicle? It looks like some type of snow plow. I have never seen anything like it before. I know they had to have something to remove the snow.

Re: Nice Little Baby 7 years, 1 month ago #6

I think it is probably a cow mover. I can imagine that cars of this early date had to travel on the same roads as cows. Cows were not moved by truck, but they were walked to market, and that means they were on the same roads as the cars. I'm not sure if that is what it is, but I do know trains had cow catchers to move cows off the tracks.

Re: Nice Little Baby 6 years, 5 months ago #7

• elenalee
  • Fresh Boarder
Nice cars and trucks
i really enjoyed seeing all
Last Edit: 6 years, 5 months ago by davecar.

Re: Nice Little Baby 6 years, 5 months ago #8

• MrBig
  • Junior Boarder
Dude, I have seen that car before. Have you ever see the old British TV series called "The Avengers?" The Main character's name was John Steed and one of the cars he drove look just like that. So it is either a Bentley or a Vauxhall.

Re: Nice Little Baby 6 years, 5 months ago #9

• hecktor
  • Junior Boarder
You might be right Mr.Big. However, I KNOW that is not an old Vauxhuall, so that is going to make it a Bentley. I looked it up and the main character John Steed drove 7 Bentleys, so still hard to tell which it was.

Re: Nice Little Baby 6 years, 5 months ago #10

• Tree Frog
  • Junior Boarder
Gorgeous cars! I'd love to have them. The thing in front is an early concept bumper or cow catcher. They didn't go fast enough at that time to have too much trouble with running down animals though.

Re: Nice Little Baby 6 years, 5 months ago #11

• AlphaDog
  • Junior Boarder
Ohhhhhhh, I want it!!!! I would be like a kid in a candy store if they were all for sale like this now. I love old cars. I go to a lot of car shows and drool over all of the beautiful cars there. It's a shame I'm not independently wealthy and can afford as many as I want.

Re: Nice Little Baby 6 years, 5 months ago #12

• Chaset
  • Junior Boarder
There are so many vehicles from decades ago that I think sometimes the younger generation over thinks what a car or truck should be. What is up with this, you think in sixty years people will be all "Yea I drove a Pris".

Re: Nice Little Baby 5 years, 2 months ago #13

• Arabell
  • Fresh Boarder
Wow, it looks like a toy car, but a bigger version. It's kinda cute, I like it a lot. I have no idea what model it is though.

Re: Nice Little Baby 5 years, 2 months ago #14

• Pobamm
  • Fresh Boarder
I also have seen that car model before. Man, now I can't remember the name of it and it's right on the tip of my tongue.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds