Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: I love Fins

I love Fins 7 years, 1 month ago #1

I like antique cars from the early part of the 1900s, but my real love is those 1950s and 1960s cars with the fins. I can't figure out why I love them so much but, they make the cars into real individuals, and not just cars. Here is a picture of a car with fins, sorry, I don't know the make, I got it off the internet.
Fins.jpg

Re: I love Fins 7 years, 1 month ago #2

Here is another one with fins. You can see the fins, but not as clearly as I'd like. The truth is I'm a little nutty about fins on cars. I would prefer this one to be a different color, as I find that black can hid details on the car.
fin_2.jpg

Re: I love Fins 7 years, 1 month ago #3

• dyson
  • Fresh Boarder
When I was in first year university, my friend had a car that had been her parents before. It was old and a classic, even when she had it. It was the only car among my group of friends. I don't know the year or model, but it was turquoise, and had wonderful fins. I always loved that car. She had to leave it out in the winter, as we didn't have underground parking, and I think it got damaged by the snow and salt. But I have great memories of that baby!

Re: I love Fins 5 years, 3 months ago #4

• Champ
  • Junior Boarder
Fins and shiny chrome! My favorite vintage vehicle which featured fins has always been a 1957 Buick. Seconds would be the 1959 Buick Convertable. Those were really classy cars!

Re: I love Fins 5 years, 2 months ago #5

Fins look great on cars. I Noticed lots of fins on cars in animated movies, such as Cars, from Pixar. They're a nice add-on for a car.

Re: I love Fins 5 years, 2 months ago #6

I used to know the name of the guy who introduced fins, but I can't remember it right now. Can anyone help me? Fins appeared a long time ago, and IMO they are a great add-on.

Re: I love Fins 4 years, 3 months ago #7

• WilliamPt
  • Fresh Boarder
thank you for this topic! Cars are amazing!

Re: I love Fins 3 years, 5 months ago #8

I do love fins on the older cars, from the 50's and 60's, but I have to say not so much when they started to do them on the 8's sports cars. I don't like them on the 80's Porsche 911's for example...

Re: I love Fins 3 years, 5 months ago #9

• Truduct
  • Fresh Boarder
ModelTLizzy wrote:
I do love fins on the older cars, from the 50's and 60's, but I have to say not so much when they started to do them on the 8's sports cars. I don't like them on the 80's Porsche 911's for example...

I have to agree with you, I think they look great on some cars and then some dude who thinks they look cool, puts one on a car where it has NO business. Then it looks stupid, in my opinion.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds