Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Vintage Mustang

Vintage Mustang 5 years, 10 months ago #1

I have the opportunity to buy a vintage 1960's Mustang, and the price is nice, but the car's not in great condition right now. Obviously I could do some work on it, but I'm wondering if it's more work than it's worth? For example, there is a fair amount of rust damage to the body of the car, primarily on the top surfaces. (I'd say probably a quarter to a third of all the top surfaces are rust damaged.) With so much rust damage, could this vehicle still be salvaged? And if so, how should I go about repairing the rust damage and refinishing the vehicle?

Re: Vintage Mustang 5 years, 10 months ago #2

• Fogey
  • Junior Boarder
If you have the kind of money it takes to put into it, I would say go for it! It won't be cheap, but it could be worth something some day.

Re: Vintage Mustang 5 years, 10 months ago #3

Well, I'm leaning more towards buying the car than not buying it, but all my experience is under the hood, so I don't know at what point a car is too rust damaged to be repaired. I don't want to buy the car if the frame itself is essentially ruined, ya' know? So I've been reading up on rust damage and how to fix it, but I'm still unsure.

Re: Vintage Mustang 5 years, 10 months ago #4

• Cool Daddy
  • Fresh Boarder
I think if you are good under the hood, you should go for it. The rust damage is hard to "fix", but you can take your time replacing the parts, as long as the car runs.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.14 seconds