Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Caddy Quality

Caddy Quality 4 years, 9 months ago #1

• johnjohn
  • Fresh Boarder
Back in the day, Cadillacs used to be high-quality cars. They were among the best of the best. Newer model Cadillac cars don't seem to hold up to this standard. At what point did Cadillac's quality deteriorate? Why do you think this happened?

Re: Caddy Quality 4 years, 9 months ago #2

• DartsKing
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm not sure when their quality went downhill. I just know you couldn't pay me to buy a new one! I wouldn't mind owning a classic Caddy, though.

To answer your other question, I imagine quality probably went downhill when they started making changes in an effort to cut costs of manufacturing. That's the only explanation I can come up with..

Re: Caddy Quality 3 years, 5 months ago #3

• Comboden
  • Fresh Boarder
In the mid to late 80's and into the 90's was when Caddy started to lose market shares of the luxury niche. I'm not sure if they have ever recovered what was a tremendous success from that time. Whenever I think of Caddy's I think of "retro" luxury.

Re: Caddy Quality 3 years, 5 months ago #4

• Truduct
  • Fresh Boarder
Yeah, the new ones hold absolutely no appeal for me. A classic one might be kind of cool and retro to have, but it feels a little old school mafia or something like that to me...haha!

Re: Caddy Quality 3 years, 5 months ago #5

• Perhave
  • Fresh Boarder
Yeah, I'm not sure why they seemed to get a bad rap in the last decade or so. Seems like they went downhill and then everyone started to make fun of them, giving them the reputation that only drug dealers and mobsters drive them (or have them driven for them). I don't know why that happened.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds