Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cadillac from the 50s

Cadillac from the 50s 6 years, 4 months ago #1

• JamesM
  • Fresh Boarder
I think the Cadillacs in the 1950s were beautiful cars! Even though they were huge, unwieldy beasts, they had a certain beauty that just screamed CLASS. It's no wonder "Cadillac" became synonymous with "class"!

Re: Cadillac from the 50s 6 years, 4 months ago #2

• hecktor
  • Junior Boarder
I have a broken heart when it comes to Cadillac. Back in those days they did have class and they were great cars. The name stood for it all. The new Cadillac has become a real disgrace. Truthfully, I think it would be cheaper to buy and old Cadillac, restore it and up keep it than it would be to buy a new one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chaset, JamesM

Re: Cadillac from the 50s 6 years, 4 months ago #3

• Chaset
  • Junior Boarder
When I think of Cadillac I think of huge cars and there is nothing wrong with it! I remember growing up and almost every female over the age of 30 in my family had a big car and a handful always wanted a Cadillac.

Re: Cadillac from the 50s 6 years, 4 months ago #4

• JamesM
  • Fresh Boarder
I totally agree. Today's Cadillacs are so far from "class" that it's distressing. I hate that they decided to try to follow the crowd instead of continuing to stand on their own and be awesome.

Re: Cadillac from the 50s 6 years, 4 months ago #5

• AlphaDog
  • Junior Boarder
I remember some of the first "small" Cadillacs. They were horrible looking little cars that looked like a Chevy instead of a Caddy. I would have rather had an old Caddy than the little monstrosities they created in the late 80's.

Re: Cadillac from the 50s 6 years, 4 months ago #6

• JamesM
  • Fresh Boarder
First time I saw a small Caddy, I couldn't believe my eyes. I kept thinking there was NO WAY that car was a Cadillac, because it was much too classless. I wish they'd go back to their roots!

Re: Cadillac from the 50s 6 years, 4 months ago #7

• zambini
  • Junior Boarder
I know! The first time I saw an old Cadillac I thought it was a joke too! I think the old huge ones were the real classics. I do agree about the new ones. My best friend's wife has a Cadillac and it is always breaking down.

Re: Cadillac from the 50s 6 years, 4 months ago #8

• GotWheels
  • Junior Boarder
You're all right. I haven't liked a Cadillac in a long time and it's mainly because they just don't look classy anymore. They used to have such a regal look.

Re: Cadillac from the 50s 6 years, 4 months ago #9

• wanda63
  • Junior Boarder
If you think classic and not think the 50's something is wrong with you. I was a late baby, the last of six and my mother by the time she got to me reminded me of everything "before my time", cars included.

Re: Cadillac from the 50s 5 years, 11 months ago #10

• pimp_caddy
  • Fresh Boarder
JamesM wrote:
I think the Cadillacs in the 1950s were beautiful cars! Even though they were huge, unwieldy beasts, they had a certain beauty that just screamed CLASS. It's no wonder "Cadillac" became synonymous with "class"!

IMHO, Cadillacs were beautiful, stylish cars from the 20's up through the 50's. They really lost me in the 60's and today's Caddy's have no style, no class, and no quality! I've owned 2 80's model Caddy's and my grandfather owned several 70's model Caddy's, and I can honestly say my family never had more trouble out of any of our cars than we had out of those 70's and 80's Caddy's. I REALLY wish they'd take it back to the early days were they were truly distintive, quality vehicles.

Re: Cadillac from the 50s 5 years, 11 months ago #11

• Fogey
  • Junior Boarder
Cadillacs are still nice cars, but it's true, they have never been the same as when they first came out. People just don't appreciate those big cars anymore. I remember driving a 70's model that belonged to a friend. It was a really awesome ride!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds