Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Jag 3.8S

Jag 3.8S 3 years, 5 months ago #1

• Truduct
  • Fresh Boarder
Guys, I'm looking at a 1964 Jag 3.8s that's for sale and I have no idea what condition it is in. The body looks relatively okay, but the car hasn't started in a few years (so the owner says). I told him I would have to think about it, it needs a lot of work. What would a fair offer be, if I wanted to make one?

Re: Jag 3.8S 3 years, 5 months ago #2

Yikes, that's a big question. I know that they can range anywhere from $2,000 and up. I think one in good condition can fetch up to $10,000. But that's just "normal" good condition, not Concours, of course, that would be more.

Re: Jag 3.8S 3 years, 4 months ago #3

• Frothed92
  • Fresh Boarder
ModelTLizzy wrote:
Yikes, that's a big question. I know that they can range anywhere from $2,000 and up. I think one in good condition can fetch up to $10,000. But that's just "normal" good condition, not Concours, of course, that would be more.

You're totally right ModelT...if it's in decent shape I know people who have bought them for about 6 grand. I think it's one of those things that you really do need to know the condition and what might be wrong with it inside. That's going to make a huge difference in price, of course. Then again, I know they seem to be selling cheaper than ever these days.

Re: Jag 3.8S 3 years, 4 months ago #4

• KennyW
  • Fresh Boarder
Did you decide on the Jag yet? I would take a mechanic with you to have a look at it and get him to pop the hood and see what's what with the engine. There could be so many different things wrong with it, you want to know before you give him a price.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds