Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Morris Motors

Morris Motors 3 years, 4 months ago #1

Does anyone know anything or much about the Morris line of cars? I saw a photo of a Morris 8 tourer, I think it was made around 1938. Nice looking car, I just don't know anything about the manufacturer...

Re: Morris Motors 3 years, 4 months ago #2

They were originally a British owned car company and from what I remember about them, they were sold to (or taken over by) The British Motor Corporation. I also want to say I think they made cars up to the '80's, but I can't be positive on that...

Re: Morris Motors 3 years, 4 months ago #3

• Frothed92
  • Fresh Boarder
DecidedlySo wrote:
They were originally a British owned car company and from what I remember about them, they were sold to (or taken over by) The British Motor Corporation. I also want to say I think they made cars up to the '80's, but I can't be positive on that...

I think you're right, DecidedlySo. I think they became part of Austin, but as a subsidiary of The British Motor Corporation. I think it was the late 60's, but like you I can't be sure without some research. If you like them ModelT, then you should get one to see how it goes!

Re: Morris Motors 3 years, 4 months ago #4

• Comboden
  • Fresh Boarder
I knew a guy who had one about five years ago and he did a full restore on it and didn't really seem to have any trouble getting parts. He finished the restore, so I guess he was able to get what he needed...are you thinking to restore one or just buy one in roadworthy condition?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds