Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sedan

Sedan 7 years, 1 month ago #1

Take a look at this Packard it is in my favorite color green. The 1929 Packard 626 sedan had a 319 cubic inch, 90hp straight-eight engine. The wheelbase on this Packard series was 126.5 inches in 1929.
packard.jpg
Attachments:
Last Edit: 7 years, 1 month ago by roadrunner69.

Re: Sedan 7 years, 1 month ago #2

The latest issue (October '10) of Collectible Automobile has an article that speculates on what the 2011 Packards would be like if the company had survived. The article is entitled "Packard for 2010." I've wondered what the models of the domestic independent auto makers would be like today. Anyway, the article is an entertaining fantasy. For example, it speculates that the top models would feature a V12 engine.
Last Edit: 7 years, 1 month ago by roadrunner69.

Re: Sedan 7 years, 1 month ago #3

• fonzie
  • Junior Boarder
Here are a couple of interesting facts about the Packard. It was the first American production machine to use the H pattern for the gearshift; the mechanically practical hypoid bevel gear system in the rear end; two-tone paint jobs; and the greatest device of all, a steering wheel!

Re: Sedan 7 years, 1 month ago #4

The first steering wheel was in the Packard. That was some invention. Was that designed by Alexander Winton in the 1890’s? I know all of his cars were custom made. I thought he sold the designs to Ford?

Re: Sedan 7 years, 1 month ago #5

• Meow
  • Fresh Boarder
Those are so nice! These remind me of back in the day lol (not that I'm old enough to know first hand or anything). I love old movies, because they always have a bunch of cars like this everywhere. I wish I lived back then.

Re: Sedan 5 years, 2 months ago #6

That is one great paint job on the car in the first picture. That green is something else. I love sedans, I don't own one but I still admire them a lot.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds