Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Expensive Rims

Expensive Rims 5 years, 10 months ago #1

Nowadays, it seems like almost every car I see is equipped with a set of expensive rims. Sometimes I wonder if the rims didn't cost more than the car itself! How do you feel about expensive rims?

Re: Expensive Rims 5 years, 9 months ago #2

• Cool Daddy
  • Fresh Boarder
I don't understand why some cars have such expensive rims, yet the car itself is barely running! I see the nicest rims on the junkiest cars, and I just don't understand it.

Re: Expensive Rims 5 years, 9 months ago #3

I know what you mean, Cool Daddy. I live in Georgia and it seems like everyone here spends more on their rims than they do on their car. I'll never understand that!! Putting nice, new, expensive rims on a junky car is like putting expensive new shutters on an old, dilapidated trailer!! What's the point?!
Last Edit: 5 years, 9 months ago by scottsmustang.

Re: Expensive Rims 5 years, 9 months ago #4

• Rock
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, scottsmustang! I think that it must be a Georgia thing to do that, because I live in Georgia, also! Even the houses people live in look raggedy compared to the rims on the cars. What's up with that?

Re: Expensive Rims 5 years, 9 months ago #5

No, it's not just a Georgia thing you guys, although I wish it was! I don't live in Georgia but we see it here, too. For some stupid reason, it's just become the "cool" new thing to do, putting new rims on your old car. If you've ever read Hearts in Atlantis by Stephen King, you'll know what I mean when I say those vehicles look like something "low men" would ride in.

Re: Expensive Rims 5 years, 8 months ago #6

• krennel
  • Fresh Boarder
I think there is a difference between over the top and what looks (and what feels) right for the vehicle. I see some people who spend a ton on their car but never worry about other things in life. What is going to happen when your mortgage defaults, are those rims going to help you in the end? I thinks some people just have their priorities mixed up.

Re: Expensive Rims 5 years, 8 months ago #7

• kington
  • Fresh Boarder
I am amazed each time I see a pair of rims on a car that cost more than the car is worth. And yes I know not all cars have a good monetary value, we do it for the love of the car but some of these are pretty silly. I caught one the other weekend and I want to say it was an older Festiva that has rims that I am sure I could have used as a mirror but they were the size of something you would think could go on a tractor.

Re: Expensive Rims 5 years, 7 months ago #8

• Lucas
  • Fresh Boarder
Our vehicles all have normal rims, nothing special or out of the ordinary. Just the way I like it! I would never spend a ridiculous amount for rims. It's just not worth it to me.

Re: Expensive Rims 5 years, 7 months ago #9

• Super JJ
  • Fresh Boarder
There is a Hummer that drives around our neighborhood. It has the flashiest looking rims I have ever seen! The people who own it must be rich. There is no other explanation for it. And, the weird thing is...we don't even live in a high class neighborhood. Weird.

Re: Expensive Rims 5 years, 7 months ago #10

• kington
  • Fresh Boarder
Unless there is a specific reason to have one (American Hot Rod as an example) I do not see the point either. Yes you want your car to look good but some people prefer a classic look, others just want the shiny. To each their own.

Re: Expensive Rims 5 years, 1 month ago #11

• Abrianna
  • Fresh Boarder
To each his own, indeed. It's their own car, if they want people to stare at the weird looking rims, it's their business. I've seen it too, although not that often. People in my area seem to have better taste.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds