Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Do you have a parts list?

Do you have a parts list? 5 years, 10 months ago #1

• Fogey
  • Junior Boarder
I like to make a list of the parts that I will need. Then I research where to find them and what the average cost is, and write this down, as well. This serves as my to-do list, as well as my goal to put my car together. Does anyone else have a similar system?

Re: Do you have a parts list? 5 years, 10 months ago #2

• Cool Daddy
  • Fresh Boarder
I do have make out a parts list. It's not as detailed as it should be, but I do keep track of what I need. The way I go down my list is, I go first for the engine. The main thing is to get it running!

Re: Do you have a parts list? 5 years, 10 months ago #3

I don't really keep a parts list. I just shop for parts as I need them, checking several different stores for the best price before I buy the part(s).

Re: Do you have a parts list? 5 years, 10 months ago #4

For me, it depends on the project I'm working on. If I'm working on a small project, I don't worry about making a list of the parts I'll need. But, if I'm doing a large project, I'll usually keep a notepad with notes about the project and a list of which parts I need. Then, like jpm_painting said, I'll shop around a bit before I buy anything.

Re: Do you have a parts list? 5 years, 10 months ago #5

• Rock
  • Fresh Boarder
I should be so organized, but, unfortunately, I'm not. I love working on old cars, but I don't always have a lot of time. So, my "projects" tend to sit for a little while. And no, there's no list.

Re: Do you have a parts list? 5 years, 2 months ago #6

• Emilio
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm pretty organized so, yeah, I have a list on my PC for everything: from car parts I need to how many times I stopped for gas.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds