Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Candy Paint

Candy Paint 4 years, 10 months ago #1

• johnjohn
  • Fresh Boarder
What are your thoughts on candy paint jobs for classic cars? I've been thinking about repainting the car, or rather, paying to have it repainted, with candy paint. It costs about two to three times as much as "regular" paint, but I just think it looks so much better. Do you think it would adversely affect the value of the car if I go with a type of paint that isn't original to the vehicle?

Re: Candy Paint 4 years, 10 months ago #2

• PeteyPablo
  • Fresh Boarder
I think any paint job that makes the car look better than it looks right now is going to increase the value of the car, not decrease it. However, there are probably some vintage car buyers out there that won't buy an antique car if it's been repainted, simply because the "original" paint job has been painted over. What are you looking to do with your ride after it's painted - keep it for yourself, or sell it?

Re: Candy Paint 4 years, 10 months ago #3

• mark79
  • Fresh Boarder
I don't see a problem with a candy paint job on a classic car, so long as the color fits the car. I don't like to see really loud colors on classic cars, like lime green for example. Color aside, I think candy paint can really make a car look good.

Re: Candy Paint 3 years, 5 months ago #4

• Perhave
  • Fresh Boarder
mark79 wrote:
I don't see a problem with a candy paint job on a classic car, so long as the color fits the car. I don't like to see really loud colors on classic cars, like lime green for example. Color aside, I think candy paint can really make a car look good.

Yeah, I totally agree with you. The color has to fit the car, no matter what kind of finish is given to it. There are some car restores that I have seen where an unusual color actually "fits" the car, but they are few are far between; better go to traditional if you ask me.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds