Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Door Seals

Door Seals 4 years, 9 months ago #1

• PeteyPablo
  • Fresh Boarder
Are you familiar with the rubber seals around the door in your car? Well, mine have dry rotted (I think) and they need to be replaced. Where can I find replacement seals from, then how do I remove the old seals and replace them?

Re: Door Seals 4 years, 9 months ago #2

• mark79
  • Fresh Boarder
You should be able to find replacement seals from any parts supplier that can supply you with other parts for your vehicle. Have you had to buy and replacement parts yet? If this will be your first replacement part, run a Google search with the make, model, and year of your car + rubber door seals. The sites that are returned in the search should have what you're looking for.

Re: Door Seals 4 years, 9 months ago #3

• johnjohn
  • Fresh Boarder
Petey, check with the manufacturer of your vehicle (Volkswagon, I'm assuming) for replacement seals. If you can't find them there, check with JC Whitney. As for how to replace the seals, take a putty knife to scrape the old seal away, then use a rag soaked in denatured alcohol to remove any residual glue. After that, you should be able to insert the new seals no problem.
Last Edit: 4 years, 9 months ago by johnjohn.

Re: Door Seals 4 years, 9 months ago #4

• DartsKing
  • Fresh Boarder
John, thanks for that tip about using a putty knife. I'm having the same problem as Petey and will probably have to replace the door seals on my truck soon. Haven't had much luck finding the seals yet, otherwise I would have already done this. =/
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.14 seconds