Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: True to factory specs?

True to factory specs? 3 years, 5 months ago #1

• KennyW
  • Fresh Boarder
When restoring or working on your projects, do you guys stay true to the factory specs (the original factory state of the car)? I know some guys like to pimp out their wheels in new and fancy colors, etc...so I'm curious as to how many purists are here?

Re: True to factory specs? 3 years, 5 months ago #2

• Truduct
  • Fresh Boarder
I would totally stay with the factory specs. It raises the long term value for collector's. Someone who wants a pimped out ride might be really into it at the time, but it likely will be trouble to resell, so I would steer clear of that, personally.

Re: True to factory specs? 3 years, 5 months ago #3

I guess it sounds kind of purist to say that I think that all classics should be restored to factory shape. Colors of the paint and the interior and all that, it should be ALL just like the factory (and the manufacturer) intended it to be.

Re: True to factory specs? 3 years, 5 months ago #4

• Perhave
  • Fresh Boarder
Well, I tend to disagree. Maybe for a purist, the resell value would be better, but I think that if a car is well done, then it can be done in a modern way, with modern colors and added style, like pinstriping or something tasteful. It's a very personal kind of thing...

Re: True to factory specs? 3 years, 4 months ago #5

Perhave wrote:
Well, I tend to disagree. Maybe for a purist, the resell value would be better, but I think that if a car is well done, then it can be done in a modern way, with modern colors and added style, like pinstriping or something tasteful. It's a very personal kind of thing...

I agree with the other posters, though. If you EVER intend to resell it, the value is in the original stuff. You need to stay as true to that as possible or you may not get top dollar for it down the line.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds