Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Installing Side Glass on Classic/antique cars

Installing Side Glass on Classic/antique cars 8 years, 9 months ago #1

• whitewater
  • Fresh Boarder
I found this tidbit on the internet when I was working on a friend's car, trying to install the side windows. It was my first experience, and I was desperately afraid that we would break the glass.

Breakage of side windows during installation, often occurs when you are pressing the chrome frame to the window. My friend and I found that if you lubricate the gasket with liquid detergent. Not only is this effective, but it is also reasonably priced.

Re: Installing Side Glass on Classic/antique cars 8 years, 9 months ago #2

• Meow
  • Fresh Boarder
That's a really good idea. See, I would never install side glass on my own, just because I'd be so worried about putting it in wrong or doing something else wrong. I'm a big chicken when it comes to stuff like this!

Re: Installing Side Glass on Classic/antique cars 8 years, 1 month ago #3

Installing glass is one job I would take to a pro. I'd be concerned that I would not get it installed correctly, would break it, or that it might leak after installation if I did it myself. I'd make sure I selected a real pro who would get the job done right, too.

Re: Installing Side Glass on Classic/antique cars 6 years, 11 months ago #4

• Reg
  • Junior Boarder
Liquid detergent? Well, I guess I've never thought of that. Although, it does make a lot of sense. That's like lubricating your finger with soap when you can't take a ring off. I will have to give that a try!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds