Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Buffing Marks

Buffing Marks 8 years, 3 months ago #1

• AlphaDog
  • Junior Boarder
I hate buffing marks. My daughter's 93 Olds was buffed before we got it for her and it looks horrible. Could I work the marks out with a bit of rubbing compound by hand? I will NEVER have a car machine buffed. It's always come out looking horrible, no matter who did it.

Re: Buffing Marks 8 years, 3 months ago #2

• MrBig
  • Junior Boarder
Oh man, I hate that too. Honestly, you are looking at having to hire a pro to do it. MACCO is pretty good with that. Do you know how long ago it was buffed? I ask because timing matters.

Re: Buffing Marks 8 years, 3 months ago #3

• Tree Frog
  • Junior Boarder
That's a shame. I don't ever let anyone use a buffer on any of my vehicles because you never know what their skill level is and if there is something in that buffer pad they don't know about. I don't know if you could rub them out either. I would look at someone professional to repair the damage.

Re: Buffing Marks 8 years, 3 months ago #4

• hecktor
  • Junior Boarder
Sometimes the problem is made worse just after buffing. If it gets buffed and you start fiddling with it in the first month you can make a little problem in to a huge problem.

Re: Buffing Marks 7 years, 1 month ago #5

• Champ
  • Junior Boarder
You can get the marks out, but it does take a lot of elbow grease. It's sad, though! Some people just wanted the polished look, but were too lazy to do the work.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds