Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Convertible Repairs

Convertible Repairs 8 years, 1 month ago #1

My wife can't decide if she wants a Mustang hardtop or convertible. I'm concerned about any special problems I might run into when restoring a convertible. Can someone give tell me how difficult that could be?

Re: Convertible Repairs 8 years, 1 month ago #2

• AlphaDog
  • Junior Boarder
It shouldn't be too tough to replace the convertible top but you would probably have to buy a whole new top for it. Those tops are notorious for drying out and cracking. You will probably have a hard time trying to find a replacement.

Re: Convertible Repairs 8 years, 1 month ago #3

I thought that might be what I would have to do. You're probably right about it being hard to find a replacement. I wonder if you could take the frame and get a new cover put on it. Does anyone know?

Re: Convertible Repairs 8 years, 1 month ago #4

• Chaset
  • Junior Boarder
In our house we are not too much for a convertible unless its a non-daily driver, seems like there is too much that comes along with it. Our younger cousin has one and swears that he is always having to keep up with the top that its kind of a pain. Not sure we would have the time for it, maybe if we were not parents and always so busy.

Re: Convertible Repairs 6 years, 11 months ago #5

• Champ
  • Junior Boarder
The older convertables were really nice to look at, but I always had problems with the top getting stuck. Unless you are willing to deal with that, and don't mind the constant repairs, then you might just want a hardtop.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds