Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Rip in flooring

Rip in flooring 8 years, 4 months ago #1

• wanda63
  • Junior Boarder
The floorboard is fine but the carpet for some reason has a tear in it that I have not noticed in a while. This is the common family car so I am not too worried about it since the mats cover it, but could it be repaired?

Re: Rip in flooring 8 years, 4 months ago #2

• AlphaDog
  • Junior Boarder
Would it be wise to glue it to the floorboard? If it's covered by a carpet then I don't see any reason why it would be a problem. You don't want it to get worse though.

Re: Rip in flooring 8 years, 4 months ago #3

• zambini
  • Junior Boarder
Yeah, just because it is covered by the mat doesn't mean it will stay the same. There are probably a few different options out there. It is good you are looking in to it.

Re: Rip in flooring 8 years, 4 months ago #4

• Chaset
  • Junior Boarder
I had something similar but it was from a heel mark that the last owner of my car had, she actually dug the heel of her boot into the carpet so much it tore a good chunk of the carpet out (about the size of a half dollar).

Re: Rip in flooring 8 years, 4 months ago #5

I don't know if gluing it to the floorboard would be the best option, but if it's not repaired it will get worse over time. Would it be possible to get someone to patch it, either by sewing it back together or putting a patch on the underneath side and sewing the tear to it?

Re: Rip in flooring 8 years, 4 months ago #6

• wanda63
  • Junior Boarder
It would but its like that piece of the carpeting is actually missing, the only bits left are tears around the empty spot. I am thinking the dealer is going to charge me an arm, leg and thigh just to do a "patch job".

Re: Rip in flooring 7 years, 2 months ago #7

• Noble
  • Fresh Boarder
If it's just a rip, you should easily be able to glue it back down. But carpets get lots of wear and tear. That is why the floormats are so important. Once it's gone, it's gone.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds