Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: When do you take it to a garage?

When do you take it to a garage? 8 years, 1 month ago #1

• zambini
  • Junior Boarder
Do you do 100% of your classic car's repairs yourself or is there a time where you decide to take it to a garage? Do you have a good garage you would even trust with your classic car?

Re: When do you take it to a garage? 8 years, 1 month ago #2

• wanda63
  • Junior Boarder
When is it over my head then I will go down to a shop, anything that seems fairly simple or something I should know as a car owner I will attempt first. I gotta say though, recently serpentine belt that popped off was the worst that looked like it would be simple but my car felt otherwise. It was like a workout trying to get that darn thing back on!

Re: When do you take it to a garage? 8 years, 1 month ago #3

• MrBig
  • Junior Boarder
I will attempt every single job myself. For me that is half the fun of restoring a car. I only go to a garage when I have tried 3 different things and failed. Then I cross my fingers and hope I didn't screw it up worse.

Re: When do you take it to a garage? 8 years, 1 month ago #4

• Tree Frog
  • Junior Boarder
My brother in law is a mechanic, so if I can't get something to work, he comes over and helps me out. I would hate not to try something first, that's half the fun of restoring.

Re: When do you take it to a garage? 8 years ago #5

• GotWheels
  • Junior Boarder
Honestly, my experience with cars is limited compared to others I've seen. That's why I tend to work on cars with a buddy instead of on my own. If a buddy can't figure it out then I usually give in and take it to a shop. It's hard to find one I really trust though.

Re: When do you take it to a garage? 8 years ago #6

I take my vehicles to a shop only when I can't do the job myself, which is usually for the big jobs or ones that I don't have the tools for. That's not very often.

Re: When do you take it to a garage? 8 years ago #7

• johnpaul
  • Fresh Boarder
I have a friend that helps me when I get stuck on something. I prefer not to take it to a shop if I can help it because it's so hard to find a shop that's trustworthy!

Re: When do you take it to a garage? 6 years, 11 months ago #8

• Reg
  • Junior Boarder
For my family car, I generally take it in for regular maintenance. It is under warranty, so I think it only fitting that the dealership should take care of everything right now.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds