Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Starting from scratch

Starting from scratch 8 years ago #1

• JamesM
  • Fresh Boarder
Check the profile pic - this car's got a long way to go! I'm trying to decide where to start. I will probably wash off the dust and dirt first, to see what I'm working with. Any tips?
Last Edit: 8 years ago by JamesM.

Re: Starting from scratch 8 years ago #2

• MrBig
  • Junior Boarder
Dusting the dirt off is a good start. After that I think you have to decide if you are going to start on the engine or on the cosmetics. I would take it one project at a time so you do not get overwhelmed.

Re: Starting from scratch 8 years ago #3

• hecktor
  • Junior Boarder
That is a beautiful car with a lot of potential. I would start with the engine myself. I think the cosmetics will be the easier part outside of locating a door for the passenger's side. Or do you still have it?

Re: Starting from scratch 8 years ago #4

I would definitely start with the engine. That's probably going to be the hardest part. I'd work on the body and cosmetics after the motor is done.

Re: Starting from scratch 8 years ago #5

• JamesM
  • Fresh Boarder
hecktor wrote:
That is a beautiful car with a lot of potential. I would start with the engine myself. I think the cosmetics will be the easier part outside of locating a door for the passenger's side. Or do you still have it?

It didn't come with it, no. I'm hoping I can find a junk yard somewhere that might have one that's compatible. Yeah, I'm thinking the engine is going to need quite a bit of work.

Re: Starting from scratch 8 years ago #6

• kats
  • Fresh Boarder
Dust it off, research what you have and what you need, look for parts. I would check both local and country wide, sometimes you can find good deals on shipping out of state.

Re: Starting from scratch 6 years, 11 months ago #7

• Reg
  • Junior Boarder
If the profile pic is your project car, then you definately need to dust it off before you do anything! But I always start with the engine. Check to see if anything is obviously corroded or damaged and start with that.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds