Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Internet shipping scams

Internet shipping scams 5 years, 3 months ago #1

• Champ
  • Junior Boarder
I just read an interesting story, where a guy was selling a vintage truck online, and someone overseas wanted to buy it and have it shipped. The person overseas wanted to send him a huge check to cover the shipping costs. Fortunately, the guy caught on right away, but played along with it. He took the check to the FBI, and it was indeed a scam. I wonder how often innocent people get caught up in a scam like that, though. That one is actually almost believable!

Re: Internet shipping scams 5 years, 2 months ago #2

• Emilio
  • Fresh Boarder
Wow, you'd have to be a real dirtbag to pull off something like this. I wonder how many people that guy scammed over the years. I'm glad someone reported him.

Re: Internet shipping scams 4 years, 9 months ago #3

• johnjohn
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm guessing the scam was that the check was a forgery or there was no money in the bank to back it, right? Either way, I think it was great that the scam artist was ousted!

Re: Internet shipping scams 3 years, 5 months ago #4

• Perhave
  • Fresh Boarder
Holy cow. The scam artists are everywhere, aren't they? Man, there is practically no trusting anyone anymore these days. I remember the days before the internet when scams still happened, but they weren't "global" like they are now.

Re: Internet shipping scams 3 years, 5 months ago #5

• Frothed92
  • Fresh Boarder
As for me, I'll be over here, just buying my cars locally and not paying anyone to do anything. I hate the idea of getting scammed. I'm glad when people like this get reported and arrested. The poor people who got ripped off from this one...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds