Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Woud you go the distance to purchase your dreamcar?

Woud you go the distance to purchase your dreamcar? 5 years, 3 months ago #1

• Reg
  • Junior Boarder
I know that more often than not, the classic car you have been searching for is not going to be sold by anyone who lives in your immediate area. And when you find it, you want it so bad, you would almost be willing to pay anything for it. When you find it online, however, would you actually pay for it sight unseen? How do you know that it is going to be just as described? Once you pay for it, it's yours. I would rather spend the extra money to take the trip and make sure that it is what I expect it to be.

Re: Woud you go the distance to purchase your dreamcar? 5 years, 3 months ago #2

• krennel
  • Fresh Boarder
For me it would all come down to price and timing. My work limits my travel unless its planned well in advance so the price would have to be perfect for me to take any extra time off away from work to travel the distance.

Re: Woud you go the distance to purchase your dreamcar? 5 years, 3 months ago #3

I don't own a classic car.. yet. But when I will I'll surely do the trip and see the baby! I want to make sure I'm not being scammed and that the car actually works and is in good conditions. It costs A LOT of money so they better sell me a good one.

Re: Woud you go the distance to purchase your dreamcar? 5 years, 2 months ago #4

• Trunk Kate
  • Fresh Boarder
I know of a few people who have bought classics, sight unseen. They haggle over the price, of course, but they know that they are going to be spending a lot of money and putting a lot of work into it. I know I wouldn't do it.

Re: Woud you go the distance to purchase your dreamcar? 5 years, 2 months ago #5

• CarsDude
  • Fresh Boarder
If I were thinking of buying a car I'd make sure I'd buy something perfect. Or at least close to perfection. I'm not looking to buy one soon though, I'm still just admiring them from a distance.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds