Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Would you report a scam ?

Would you report a scam ? 5 years, 2 months ago #1

• Abrianna
  • Fresh Boarder
Let's say you're in the situation (or know about one) where you know for sure someone tries to scam you or anyone else? Would you report it? I definitely would, I'd just have to make sure the scam is for real.

Re: Would you report a scam ? 5 years, 2 months ago #2

• Emilio
  • Fresh Boarder
Of course I would. I doubt I'll be changing the world but at least I would help get one more scammer off the streets, I think.

Re: Would you report a scam ? 4 years, 9 months ago #3

• johnjohn
  • Fresh Boarder
I would NOT hesitate to report a scam or even a suspected scam. I work hard for my money AND my possessions; nothing makes me more angry than when someone tries to pull one over to get something for nothing.

Re: Would you report a scam ? 4 years, 4 months ago #4

• enc2guru
  • Fresh Boarder
Most scammers are repeat offenders, especially with vehicles. Always do a free vin check with the National Insurance Crime Bureau, NCIB.org and obtain vehicle history report which could provide red flags for the frauds who haven't been caught. Autovin.de provides vehicle history reports from a couple companies and somehow offer them at a 1/3 of the cost and offer a free alternative. I then take it a step further and try to research a persons online identity when I purchase vehicles or other valuable merchandise online. If someone is known to commit internet fraud chances are its document somewhere, once a scammer always a scammer.

Re: Would you report a scam ? 3 years, 5 months ago #5

• Houdini
  • Fresh Boarder
I would certainly report it if I knew for sure what was happening. I think we give the benefit of the doubt all too often and these people ARE repeat offenders usually. And sometimes we let ourselves get scammed by not doing enough research.

Re: Would you report a scam ? 3 years, 4 months ago #6

Totally, why wouldn't someone report a scam?? I agree with Houdini, if one was sure that it was a scam, of course it should be reported. That's the only way that these people get caught and are made to quit stealing from people.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds