Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Be Careful About Buying Parts On Ebay

Be Careful About Buying Parts On Ebay 6 years, 5 months ago #1

• Tree Frog
  • Junior Boarder
The first issue about buying parts online is, you never know if it's been identified correctly. The next thing is, does it actually still function or is it as broke as you are about to be buying junk on Ebay? I don't have any bad experiences with it but I had a buddy who bought a radiator for his truck and it leaked as bad as the one he took off. No returns, no guarantees, no refund.

Re: Be Careful About Buying Parts On Ebay 6 years, 5 months ago #2

• MrBig
  • Junior Boarder
I agree. I have had some good luck and some bad luck with eBay. Do you find that only buying from people with good reputations works, or even then are you still just taking a gamble?

Re: Be Careful About Buying Parts On Ebay 6 years, 5 months ago #3

• wanda63
  • Junior Boarder
I always worry about buying anything online. My most recent purchase was a new camera and until it got to my door I kept thinking I was going to get some nasty knock off.

Re: Be Careful About Buying Parts On Ebay 6 years, 5 months ago #4

• hecktor
  • Junior Boarder
I feel the same way. When it comes to automotive it is hit or miss. It is best to go with sellers who have good ratings. The hope is that if you stick with them and get a dud, they will remedy the issue. That doesn't always happen though.

Re: Be Careful About Buying Parts On Ebay 6 years, 5 months ago #5

• GotWheels
  • Junior Boarder
I am always worried about making purchases of more than $50 online. I always think the worst and that it's going to show up fake, broken, misrepresented, or in an empty box. So far I've been lucky but I just have that feeling like one day it's going to bite me in the butt. It's such an easy and cheap way to get parts though.

Re: Be Careful About Buying Parts On Ebay 5 years, 2 months ago #6

I did not have the occasion to buy parts yet, I'm still gathering money to buy the actual car. Thank you though, for sharing the advice. Buying on eBay is indeed like playing the lottery, if you don't look for high reputation sellers you can get fried.

Re: Be Careful About Buying Parts On Ebay 5 years, 2 months ago #7

• Trunk Kate
  • Fresh Boarder
I've actually known people to get some really good deals on parts through eBay. It is a shame that a few bad people mess it up for the good ones. Always read the feedback, and if you have any other friends who buy parts through eBay, be sure to ask them for the names of a few good sellers.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds