Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Transporting classic cars

Transporting classic cars 6 years, 5 months ago #1

• zambini
  • Junior Boarder
What way do you think transporting classic cars are. Most of us do not want to put miles on them unless it is for fun. Would you get some friends and a truck together or would you hire someone to move it?

Re: Transporting classic cars 6 years, 5 months ago #2

• hecktor
  • Junior Boarder
I really depends on what you have access to. I have a friend who has a trailer used to move old cars. However, not everyone has access to something like that. In that case just pay someone.

Re: Transporting classic cars 6 years, 5 months ago #3

• Chaset
  • Junior Boarder
I have seen a few of the smaller trailers that will hook to the flat of a truck bed but for me if it was "that classic" I would want it in an inclosed trailer just to be safe (crazy weather lately).

Re: Transporting classic cars 6 years, 5 months ago #4

• MrBig
  • Junior Boarder
I am going to agree. You can not trust the weather these days. You do not want some situation where there is an emergency and the car is open to the world. I wouldn't have piece of mind any other way.

Re: Transporting classic cars 6 years, 5 months ago #5

• Chaset
  • Junior Boarder
I doubt unless its a beautiful day weather wise and it was a very short trip I could not reasonably imagine trying to chance it. Too many factors that would go wrong not to mention birds and their evil ways.

Re: Transporting classic cars 6 years, 5 months ago #6

• zambini
  • Junior Boarder
I wonder if it is worth it to go ahead and purchase your own trailer. I guess it depends if you are going to be traveling with your classic car.

Re: Transporting classic cars 6 years, 1 month ago #7

it depend how far u need your car moved...
if it short distance and nice day open flat bed can be good way to go
but if u need to go across the country use enclosed trailer
feel free to contact us if u need help shipping your baby
800 516 3440
aacartransport.com

enclose trailer for antique car.jpg

Re: Transporting classic cars 5 years, 10 months ago #8

• timpain
  • Fresh Boarder
Having a vintage car indicates that you don't just have any typical car. It is unique and that creates moving it much tougher to do. There are many carry organizations that won't switch any car if it won't run and can't be had.

Re: Transporting classic cars 5 years, 10 months ago #9

• Rock
  • Fresh Boarder
You have to make sure you get lots of insurance coverage if you plan on transporting your vintage car. You want to make sure you don't lose your investment!

Re: Transporting classic cars 5 years, 9 months ago #10

Hey Everyone,

My name is Kristen and I have been in the Auto Transportation business for years now and I am glad I stumbled upon your forum here on FossilCars, because I transport vehicles to and from anywhere in the country both open and enclosed. It is true, depending on the distance, weather and condition or your vehicle you maybe able to send it open. Most of the time I would recommend going enclosed for many reasons. One Weather (you never know what type of weather the driver may run into, at least you'll feel good knowing your car is inside nice and clean and dry), sand and rocks on the road (While all vehicles we move are insured, still most insurance policies will not cover damage from rocks and dirt being kicked up from the road. Better to be safe than sorry). There are many reasons, but which ever is the best for you and the car I will be more than happy to help you figure it out. I can give you a shipping quote anytime, for both open and enclosed. For running and non running vehicles. From car show winners, to the fix r upper. Anything you need, please feel free to give me a call, Kristen @ 774-272-3457. Or e-mail me at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

have a nice day. Happy shopping!!

Re: Transporting classic cars 5 years, 9 months ago #11

• Fogey
  • Junior Boarder
You don't want to tow it or drive it, that's for sure. I am glad that a few companies here have posted info on how to transport it, though! Maybe you can check with a few of them, and get estimates. Just remember to ask what they are offering for their prices, though. Cheapest is not always necessarily the best.

Re: Transporting classic cars 5 years, 8 months ago #12

• micki
  • Fresh Boarder
I would really take into account the length of the trip, that is all I would worry about and depending on the event. Am I just going to have a short trip for fun or is it car related like a showing? Some events outweigh others you know.

Re: Transporting classic cars 5 years, 8 months ago #13

• krennel
  • Fresh Boarder
I honestly do not think I would ever transport a classic on a flat bed and its nothing against the truck (my father was a driver for years), but I think I would want my baby inclosed just in case the weather decided to take a change. Lately in our area its happened more than once, last week were all bright skies then at night it would drop down to the 20's and rain.

Re: Transporting classic cars 5 years, 8 months ago #14

• Super JJ
  • Fresh Boarder
I have yet to buy a classic car that has been located outside of my own state. Therefore, transportation really hasn't been that big of an issue. I have been considering a few classic cars that are in California (other side of the country), but my biggest concern is transportation. The transportation may cost more than the vehicle itself.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds