Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Speaking Of Alarms

Speaking Of Alarms 6 years, 4 months ago #1

• AlphaDog
  • Junior Boarder
If someone were to want to place an alarm on their classic car, which alarm system would it be? I would rather not put one on, but you guys have me thinking of it now.

Re: Speaking Of Alarms 6 years, 4 months ago #2

• johnpaul
  • Fresh Boarder
I haven't looked into alarms, either, so I'm not really sure what brands are available. I'd probably go with something that only turned on if the door was opened or the window broke... something of that sort, if it's available. It annoys me when I brush by someone's car in a parking lot and the alarm goes off even though I barely touched it!

Re: Speaking Of Alarms 6 years, 4 months ago #3

• GotWheels
  • Junior Boarder
I agree with Johnpaul. I would go for something that isn't very sensitive, especially if you often take your car to shows. I wonder if there are specific alarms available or recommended specifically for classics?

Re: Speaking Of Alarms 6 years, 4 months ago #4

I would go with an alarm that is not super sensitive, too. You don't want one that is going to go off every time someone brushes up against or touches the car at a show. That would be a real pain for you and everyone else.

Re: Speaking Of Alarms 6 years, 4 months ago #5

• kats
  • Fresh Boarder
I am not too sure about classics but I know most people in our area here end up using the Cobra system, I have yet to mess around with it myself. Even being blessed with common sense regarding anything electrical I can still manage to get a shock or two here and there. I avoid anything electric at all costs!

Re: Speaking Of Alarms 6 years, 4 months ago #6

• GotWheels
  • Junior Boarder
Can you elaborate a bit on the Cobra system?

I don't mess with anything electrical either really. I'm really scared of messing with electronics. Too many scary stories!

Re: Speaking Of Alarms 5 years, 2 months ago #7

Well, a regular alarm would do, just set is to be less sensitive like the guys above said. An alarm is a must, in my opinion because a classic car is not something you can afford to loose. Then, by setting the alarm on high sensitivity, it may be annoying to others and you don' want to piss people off, they might scratch it out of spite or something. Not worth the risk.

Re: Speaking Of Alarms 5 years, 2 months ago #8

• Aunt Teek
  • Fresh Boarder
I've never really thought about installing an alarm on a classic vehicle, although it's not a bad idea. Usually, keeping it in a secure garage is good enough, as most people don't usually use their classics for everyday use.

Re: Speaking Of Alarms 5 years, 2 months ago #9

• Pobamm
  • Fresh Boarder
A garage is safe but not the safest place on earth. I've heard of people braking into garages to steal anything they could find.
Last Edit: 5 years, 2 months ago by Pobamm.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds